My feet (Paragliding)

My feet (Paragliding)
My feet (Paragliding)

domingo, 31 de julio de 2011

Web 2.0 and Microsoft Office in the classroom

I enjoyed these lessons a lot. As you already know, I work mainly with adults and I like to make my students work using the Web 2.0. I prepare many activities for classes using Microsoft Office as well. Despite these facts, when I finished the lessons, I got quite sad when the following question came to my mind: how feasible is all this in the Venezuelan Education System at the moment?
When you take a look around a few schools you realise how poor education is in terms of using technology. A very low percentage of schools have a computer lab, or at least some equipment such as video projector or computer. What is more, according to many of my colleagues’ experiences, there is a “syndrome” in “old school” teachers; most of them don’t care about making courses to learn how to use technology effectively to improve the learning process.  All this culminates in demotivated students towards the school as the world they live in school is kind of a “sub world” to the one they live in.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario